View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 05:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Aussie_Ando

Cabs in NYC

Keith is absolutely right about the cabs in NYC. I had my first trip from Australia to New York in October and was staying in Time Square. We had tickets to a Jets game and being tourists thought the easiest way to get to Metlife Stadium would be by Cab. We got in the first Cab and said Metlife Stadium and the guy had no idea what we were talking about so we immediately got out. This went on for 7 cab before one guy said no problem. About 10 mins into the trip he started asking us how to get there. We had no idea and he said check on our phone. As we were traveling overseas we didn’t have internet activated so he reluctantly give us his phone to look it up. Ok Metlife is in New Jersey which we found out is like another country to a New Yorker and this may have accounted for the other cab drivers possibly pretending they didn’t where it was so they didn’t have to drive out there. But I would have thought a cab driver would know where the stadium of the home team of one of the largest sports in Americas is.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote