View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 02:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Enunciated Piffle
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidimetoloves View Post
I heard "fat fuck" yelled at me from a passing car. That was bad.
I'm looking at your post and thinking about my own experiences with hard drugs and over-eating. I grew up super skinny, (like sickly skinny) but after shooting drugs it somehow fucked up my metabolism. I began to gain weight. Also when you quit drugs; you usually substitute that craving for drugs with food.

What I'm about to say may sound harsh, but I hope you listen.

Nobody is designed to be obese. It's unnatural. It's hard on your bendy parts. It makes moving around difficult and sex impossible. In many ways, it's a lot like shooting drugs. You begin to lose touch with what everyone else is enjoying in life. You feel ugly. Ashamed. You don't want to be around others.

Drug addiction and food addiction are similar in that your reward system is all fucked up. You begin to rely on that bag full of fast food, (or fast dope) to feel good. And it becomes routine. It's important to realize that cycle. Then break it.

Whenever you're sitting in your car, waiting in line to get that cheeseburger. Recall those mean nasty comments. "You're fat!" Getting called a fatty should be your mantra. Replay it over and over in your head. Use that pain and shame and guilt to motivate you. Quit eating fast food. Start going on walks. Join a gym. There's ones that are 24 hour and you can go late when no ones there if that's an issue.

Drug and food addiction exists because all too often no one talks about it. I hope you find your motivation because I can tell you honestly and seriously, you don't have to live this way. There are choices. Figure out the correct ones and do more of them.

Good luck
(Offline)   Reply With Quote