View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Scumhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I think cyber-bullying is a real thing, and the comedian response, "then turn off your computer," isn't thought out in any way.
Stupid tweets are very different from a targeted cyber bullying attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I know, for instance, I'd rather have only meant you once than to keep hearing from you.
I can totally see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i said i take it as seriously.

the guy who confronts me, i have a physical description to give to the police. if i see him again, i can know to react. i have something on him. i can point and go, "YOU!" anything else goes wrong? i have a suspect handy.

the guy behind the screen? could be anyone. doesn't matter what size he is. could be stalking me. his ISP could be fake, so i don't even know where he is. how would i know? how much information does he have on me? does he know people i know? /is it/ someone i know? is he communicating with me on other sites with other screen names; are there more people involved? how many? did he google my address? does he know what my house looks like? does he have folders on his computer compiling pictures of me across the internet? is he doxxing me? are my pictures elsewhere? is he tracking my moves across the internet to plan a physical attack? how would i recognize the threat? my computer is in my home; he is now in my home. that is a violating feeling.

i'm an internet troll myself. i know how dangerous i can be when i don't have to worry about being physically able to do something or be known.
I'm not defending or condoning the actions of the real cyber stalkers/bullies, who IMO differ from trolls. Trolls are dicks (yeah, ikr) who make stupid comments and then move on. Cyber stalkers drop dox, post noodz, ruin people etc.

I'd hardly class a bunch of stupid inane tweets about periods and anal as cyber bullying.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote