View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 08:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
devohawk

- 7.1% of heterosexual males have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 20.4% of heterosexual females have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 21.5% of homosexual males have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.
- 35.4% of homosexual females have experienced intimate-partner physical violence in their lifetime.

I know men are less likely to report, but plenty of women are, too, so the statistics are unreliable. I know I took a speeding ticket rather than tell the cop I was "in a hurry" because my husband wouldn't believe I worked late.

On weight: my ex's family are ALL large people. They even gave each other a hard time about being fat. My daughter was heavy as a child and her great-grandmother suggested I look into a brand of clothing called "Husky". I thought maybe she should stop offering my daughter greasy food every time she walked through the room. Immediately after her great-grandmother died my daughter started slimming down, the family even became concerned that she was anorexic. She never got to an anorexic size, 7 years later she's still a healthy weight, not skinny but not fat. This has caused me to believe it's more nurture than nature.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote