View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 07:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbnail
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith, I got that meniscus injection one year ago (march 13th) and it is fucking miraculous.

First of all, how the fuck do you walk around with tears on BOTH knees? That pain was probably the most intense, unbearable pain I've ever felt. So kudos to you for still standing because that's a ridiculous ammount of pain.

Second, the injection. I too payed about 650 (700 euro, a far cry from 1.000.000 rupee), they put me under and it was about one hour for the entire procedure. They take the blood from your vein and put it in a machine then separate something and put the other something plasma whatchamacallit inside your knee. Yada yada, I spent the night at the hopital and the recovery was nothing short of amazing: the next day I was limping and walking around in crutches. Two days later no crutches and no meds. The indication is that as soon as you can put your foot on the ground and walk it's all good. Then I went to 20 sessions of physical therapy, in order to strengthen the muscles around the knee.

One year later my knee is still sore at times but 99% of the time I don't even remember I had a procedure. It's great that you found out what you have because, again, I cannot even deal with the fact that both your menisci have tears.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote