View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #67 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanK View Post
I support her feelings that she's a woman, socially I think we can all agree we should accept her as such. But biologically speaking she has not been for the vast majority of her life (including the most crucial development periods like childhood and puberty), so comparing her to other girls in a system which is ostensibly trying to match fighters as closely as possible seems unfair. Even if she has identical bone density and muscle structure you can't account for more nebulous aspects of testosterone that some guys have like the mental makeup that can turn them into competitive blood-hungry maniacs (I've never heard a woman threatening to eat babies like Tyson, for instance). Hormones are a hell of a thing, but we aren't at the point where we know the entire impact of them on the human body, and there isn't any evidence I know of that says 7 years of estrogen completely erases 30 years of development with testosterone. Is there?
From my (admittedly limited) understanding of the complex biological details I'd actually argue that changes in hormone levels have a pretty high impact on your mental state.

A lot of the physical changes are mainly fat redistribution, because yeah our sexy boobs/hips/butts are pretty much fat deposits. Depending on your diet & exercise you can work to maintain muscle & bone density and of course the actual bone structure never goes away as was pointed out in previous posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote