View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 08:46 PM   #34 (permalink)
Cretaceous Bob

It seems to me that Danny was uncomfortable with the power dynamic that is always a part of them sparring. Danny has to be aware that Keith can hit him verbally as hard as he wants and there's not a lot Danny can do about it, but if Danny verbally hits Keith hard enough, Keith can entirely end Danny's role in KATG as a company. Keith pressed Danny hard enough, even if he didn't mean to, and when someone gets pushed hard enough, they come face to face with that reality of the power dynamic, and it feels like a dare. It feels like the stronger person is going, "Eh? Now what are you going to do? I'm stronger than you are". And as is common in these sorts of situations, Danny didn't back down and struck Keith with something he knew would hurt.

I mean, look at Danny saying "Fuck you" to Keith: he wants to be Keith's friend and equal, but the only way he was able to have the relationship with Keith at all is by performing service for K&C's company. It's an uncomfortable dynamic where you still talk like equals, but don't actually have an equal relationship. Even if Keith says they're family, Danny has to know somewhere in the back of his mind that if Keith doesn't feel like they're family or friends, that's a big problem, but if Danny doesn't feel that way, then it's entirely inconsequential unless Keith decides to care about that.

I don't think anybody did anything wrong in this situation, it was just the natural outcome of the personalities involved plus the circumstances they were put in.

Also this is why in general I don't cultivate meanness or shittiness even in joke form with my friends, because far too often it can be misunderstood, or people's feelings aren't gauged correctly, or genuine shittiness easily veiled. But if I had a podcast I would probably do exactly like Keith because drama is the best.

Also this means I can't vote one way or the other.

Edit: Super also, actually, can I just vote that Chemda did the best? Chemda was right 100% of the time.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 07-02-2015 at 09:01 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote