View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 11:19 PM   #40 (permalink)
bw81
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Great guest! I felt sorry for him as the Danny/Keith conversation went in circles a bit but he had an input that gave the predicament a viable solution. Like all other KATG shows, anything and everything is up for discussion. That's the KATG we know n love.

I felt for Danny and I felt for Keith: Danny has been kicking goals at becoming a comic, proud of the guy for persevering and honing his craft (TTSWD is a highlight of the VIP package for me, worth the price of admission).

He thrives on his material getting laughs (who doesn't!?) and I think it's probably just built up over so long that he feels robbed of the contributions he's made when Keith may refer to something he'd said and gotten a laugh from it.

I get a HUGE kick when Keith (or Chemda) reads my feedback and it gets a laugh on the show. And a few times in the past I've wondered why he's said my feedback but not said it was from me... "But that was my joke..." but like Keith said, he knows the flow of the show & when it fits to quote who said it. And him saying the feedback at all is like a little nod to say, "good one - that worked" (or not!).

But I'm not an aspiring comic who may have come up with a premise or joke before the show that I'd maybe come back and develop into something later when I got home. Hearing your idea said aloud on the show turns into, "Well if I do anything with that material now it's gonna look like I've stolen it from Keith."

I've been in a jam room before and come up with a riff on the spot, the other guitarist has added to it and suddenly it becomes his riff. But we were in a band, and now our band has a killer riff that I know started from me but developed into a song which turned into claps from the audience at the gigs that we never ended up having...

I get how Keith feels hurt; Danny is like a student he has been mentoring and championing for years, but now his student is standing up for himself more which is not how it's always been. The sparring on TTSWD, and to a lesser extent when Danny is a guest on KATG, that Keith and Danny do has been happening for so long it might seem like Danny biting back came out of nowhere. Being on air might be the only way Danny feels comfortable to voice his concerns to Keith because, from what we have heard, once the mics are on their dynamic changes.

I feel like I'm just rehashing what was said but that's just #mytwocents

I hope Keith and Danny know that they both love each other and to not let this hiccup ruin what is a beautiful relationship. Things were said in the heat of the moment, issues have come out and solutions have been put forward. Act on the solutions, suck it up & apologize to each other and keep making the magics.

Last edited by bw81; 07-02-2015 at 11:22 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote