View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 03:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Enunciated Piffle
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

BOOM

As a fan of comedy, I really liked this ep.

It's good to hear from the older Comedy crowd. There's a certain...unease. I like that. You could tell Jackie thrives off laughter. If he doesn't get a response; he gets ruffled. He was SO fucking consumed with getting a laugh. To me, (as a comedy fan) it translates as still being 'hungry.' He wants that laugh. He NEEDS it. Kind of beautiful. In a way.

He's yelling at Danny. Telling Keith to fuck himself for not laughing. Threatening Chemda with calling her Kem-duh. LOL. What an insecure weirdo.

Jackie is a bit much, but what a pro. I kinda sorta liked his intermittent jokes on the show, but really dig him now that he's actually been on the show. His explanation of jokes. The importance of jokes. The value. How he gives them to people like gifts. I dunno. I like that.

There's something special that occurs when you understand where a particular comedian is coming from. You 'get' his jokes more better. It's a special sort of communication. A new language.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote