View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 12:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Enunciated Piffle
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Ashley Madison

For someone who understands words so clearly and well, I don't get how Myq can't understand 'Have An Affair' or 'Ashley Madison is the most famous name in infidelity...' As being anything other than a dirtbag website. An affair, (by definition) is "a sexual relationship...between two people WITHOUT THE OTHER SPOUSE KNOWING."

To my understanding, Myq and other polyamorous couples agree to an understanding that there will be other partners. Whether you wanna know about it or not, that's just another agreement. It's an afterward to said agreement.

Is Ashley Madison legal? Can ya do it? Sure. But it's a horrible idea and certainly not a website promoting polyamorous ideals. They're similar. THey both promote not being exclusive, but one involves lying and cheating and breaking your agreement, (IE infidelity) and the other supposes all parties are informed.

I also think Ashley Madison is counter-productive to gay rights. How can you announce that same-sex couples can marry. Then also add, "By the way, marriage is meaningless..?" What's the point?

Is marriage a pronoun? Or is it the meaningless noun that changes every time you verb? Ashley's definition doesn't compute. beep bo boop.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote