View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sorin Markov

I wanted to share some of my medical costs that I have.
I'm insulin dependant diabetic ( born with it, my pancreas doesn't work. Was not related to anything I did or didn't eat) I have severe anxiety and am depressive bipolar.

Without insurance 1 vial of insulin is about $250 for a 15 day supply (use varies per person) with insurance it is $80 for a 3 month supply.
Box of 25 test strips: $40 (I use 4-7 a day) a three month supply with insurance is $80.
Bipolar meds: about $60 for a month supply. Insurance makes it very cheap. $12 for a month supply.
Anxiety meds: I don't even know. The kind I take also help with ADD and is super expensive apparently. Because a three month supply with insurance is like $80 (Intuniv)
This year I got a new insulin pump and without insurance would have cost around $13,000. I only paid $800 for it with insurance. Before I had the insulin pump I had to use two different kinds of insulin both at $80 for a three month supply.
Supplies for the pump that I have to change out every 3 days is about $45 with insurance so they probably cost triple that without.

Every three months I have various blood tests that cost me about $45-$130 depending on what needs to be done (that's with insurance)

Doctor co-pay are $35...

I see two different doctors and should be seeing a therapist/psychiatrist but can't afford it. due to financial situations I'm without my anxiety meds until the first of the year.

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting but that's about what I have to deal with.

Fuck this guy who is buying meds and jacking up their price. The cost of medication and doctor care is already completely insane.

Edit: I'm also left handed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote