View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
diluted

Also an Atheist here, and I do love Chemda and think she makes some really great points. However, I think the way she treated Mike makes Atheist look bad. Her tone was very aggressive, and she would barely let Mike get a word in. I get her point and what she is arguing, but it sounded like she was putting words in Mike's mouth at times. You don't have to agree with his beliefs, but you also don't have to try an belittle someone because they do believe, or try and place the blame on their beliefs for what a other shitty people do in "God's" name. To me it's like you are becoming the thing you hate. We complain about loud mouth Christians shoving their beliefs on everyone, but then end up doing the same. I'm guilty of this myself. I used to love jumping on religious people and having debates/arguments thinking I was going to be the one to change their mind. What I did was push people away because they weren't looking for a fight.

Hopefully the point I am trying to make comes through. Just one man's opinion. I still loved the show, and have nothing but respect for Chemda. :-)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote