View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 07:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
rulesofbio

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I'm curious about the KATG take on this article:

Why I Love Riding On The Women-Only Car On Delhi's Metro

I'm disappointed in my gender that this has to be a thing, but I get it.

I've never lived in a big city, but would something like this ever work in an American city, or would the (supposed) outrage of #NotAllMen be too much of an issue?
There are many American transportation agencies that actually provides women-only transportation services:

ShuttleWizard: This is a transportation service for everyone, but if women ask for a "women-only ride" they can have it. You just need to call them and they will specify which vehicle is going to pick you up, the driver's information, the routes they're going to take, etc. You can even ask for a woman driver if you want. I've taken many rides with them and they're an excellent, safe and cheap option.

SheTaxis: its priority is to offer safe, reliable and trustworthy drivers. If you need a ride home after a night out or picking up your children they will give you a good service and as they say "a peace of mind".

WomenCabs: A unique public transport service platform which provides safe and secure transport solution to women commuters and their families.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote