View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 10:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rabbit
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't think he did a very good job arguing his points. I went into this show already thinking that the sharing economy is going to be the death of us all. I didn't learn anything from this show.

Maybe he was spending too much time trying to get everyone to like him? He should've just owned up to what he was doing and not defended himself so much. He did his research after the fact and found out how damaging airbnb was to the economy, and, bonus, he can make a few bucks selling his service to landlords.

I see the appeal of airbnb. But it's causing rent to go up, it's lowering the supply of apartments, it's taking business away from hotels, the illegal hotels aren't paying proper hotel taxes, and it's dangerous. It turns out that staying in a strangers house isn't safe. People have died because of gas leaks or unsecured structures. Airbnb places aren't vetted and maintained the way hotels are.

I know that there are people who rely on airbnb to pay their rent, but airbnb is one of the reasons that the rent is so unaffordable!

I went to school in Manhattan KS and did not see my fair share of titties.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote