View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
craigdw
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Danny, this is your best show ever. No shit. As I already told you in a Facebook comment, this is your Sgt. Pepper. Your brilliance lies in the contrast between the two sides of you: the one that's scared shitless about appearing weird, and the one that pushes the discomfort as far as it can go despite the fear. I don't want to make this too wordy (I know, too late), but there's so much to like about this episode. First of all, it has to be seen, not merely heard. The interaction between real Danny and clip Danny is expertly timed, and I don't think you'd get the full effect unless you see it in action. The single-camera, head-and-shoulders shot of you, looking rather like a 1968-era John Lennon is so very cool. The clips you picked were incredible, like the CLASSICALLY awkward Chris Gethard exchange where you called him "Daddy." I laughed until I almost puked. Then there is the constant promise not to interrupt, followed by your incessant and very funny interruptions. But, but, BUT your visuals -- like the arm worm and the staring into the camera blankly for a full 2 minutes -- were priceless. What I love about you, Danny, is that you're like that friend who shows up at my house and says let's take a drive. I immediately say yes without asking where. It doesn't matter where we're going. I know getting there is going to be a blast. You've never had a bad show, and you never will. Just keep driving weird. Love you.

CW Design Shop
(Offline)   Reply With Quote