Thread: 7: Even Stephen
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rosa
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I'm only halfway through... but two things:

1. Congrats to Todd!! (...do I get a cut?)

2. "An Easter egg is an intentional inside joke, hidden message, or feature in an interactive work such as a computer program, video game or DVD menu screen. The name is used to evoke the idea of a traditional Easter egg hunt.

Atari's 1979 release Adventure contains the first hidden message in a video game to have been discovered by its players; the message is "Created by Warren Robinett", and was inserted by Robinett, the game's programmer.According to Robinett, the term Easter egg was applied by Atari personnel on being alerted to the secret addition, and making the comparison of players' discovery of these secrets akin to the traditional Easter egg hunt."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(media)

"I'm trying to give people the joy of the best parts of the video" - Libby (on why she spoils the hunt)

What about the joy of finding an egg yourself?? If you give someone a map of all the easter eggs in the yard, is it still a hunt?

I do enjoy hearing the behind the scenes of these silly moments, so here's my segment pitch:
'The Hunt' / 'Eggheads on The Hunt' / 'Listener Look-Out' / (insert cleverest title here)
Ask your listeners to be on the look-out for easter eggs and write them in. At the end of each week you'll have a winner (opportunity for a shout out!) and you can still give the rundown. And sure, you can reveal any missed eggs and shame us all for not finding them. You'd be boosting attention and engagement. not a bad PR move for the PR maven...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote