Thread: 7: Even Stephen
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Just a fan
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
I'm only halfway through... but two things:

"I'm trying to give people the joy of the best parts of the video" - Libby (on why she spoils the hunt)

What about the joy of finding an egg yourself?? If you give someone a map of all the easter eggs in the yard, is it still a hunt?

I do enjoy hearing the behind the scenes of these silly moments, so here's my segment pitch:
'The Hunt' / 'Eggheads on The Hunt' / 'Listener Look-Out' / (insert cleverest title here)
Ask your listeners to be on the look-out for easter eggs and write them in. At the end of each week you'll have a winner (opportunity for a shout out!) and you can still give the rundown. And sure, you can reveal any missed eggs and shame us all for not finding them. You'd be boosting attention and engagement. not a bad PR move for the PR maven...
I love this! I will definitely bring it up on the next episode.

I guess the reason I "spoil the hunt" is because I know that more people listen than watch. I'm speaking more to the listeners, to let them know if something interesting happened on the video, as opposed to the viewers who are watching the whole thing and don't need the eggs pointed out. To borrow your analogy, I'm letting someone know that a yard even exists with easter eggs to be found.

Hearts to Rosa for always having such great responses/ideas/information!!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote