View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Midwest Mike

Edit: Should have listened for another 2 minutes before posting this cause you already know.

Regarding the Skittles meme. The photo used in the meme was created by a refugee... Oh the irony.

Here is part of an article from New York Magazine:

David Kittos of the United Kingdom has informed the Trump campaign that the very photograph it used to dehumanize refugees was composed and shot by a refugee. Specifically, himself.

“I am now a British citizen but I am Greek-Cypriot by birth and in 1974 I was a refugee because of the Turkish occupation,” the 48-year-old Kittos told the BBC. “I was 6 years old. We lived in the area of Cyprus that is now under Turkish military control. We had to leave everything behind overnight. Our property and our possessions.”

Kittos took the photo in his home studio, while experimenting with “off-camera flash.” He then posted it to Flickr in January 2010, where someone saw his work and thought, This can be used to express my contempt for people displaced by war.

“This isn’t about the money for me. They could have just bought a cheap image from a micro stock library,” Kittos observed in his interview with the BBC. “This is pure greed from them. I don’t think they care about my feelings.”

The fact that the tweet remains on Donald Trump Jr.’s Twitter feed suggests Kittos is correct.

Last edited by Midwest Mike; 10-11-2016 at 08:14 AM. Reason: cause this was mentioned on the show after I posted this
(Offline)   Reply With Quote