View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
craigdw
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Apia, what the fuck?

I agree with Danny, you should just stop listening. But I think maybe, because Danny is so funny, you're just trying to be funny back at him? Or maybe it's just a language thing. If so, you should know you're coming off as cruel, not funny. What it sounds like is: "Danny, I don't enjoy your show at all, ever, but at least this one made me vomit less."

I know it's Danny's "thing" to pretend he just threw a show together, and that he's not sure it's going well and all that. But it's obvious to me he puts a lot of thought into every show, and I've rarely ever heard anyone else who can just improv-riff off the top of his head and be so funny doing it. This is not to mention all the work he puts into every other show he's part of.

And after all that, he checks in with the forums to see if anyone appreciates this thing he pours his heart into, and all he sees is one comment saying the show was "better than before."

I want you to apologize to Danny, and I want you to apologize right now. Tell him this show was outstanding -- more outstanding than all his other outstanding shows, because that’s what you meant to say … right?

Danny, it's me, Craig. I'm back talking for myself now. This show was a party, and I had a blast listening. I'd quote some of my favorite lines, but so much of what makes them funny (as I’ve over-explained before) is your offhand delivery. It's like your main jokes are just setups for the random, under-your-breath comments that come after, which are the real payoffs.

Also, I didn't get a chance to post this on the forums last week (because I was writing novels on Libby's threads). Your show with Myq Kaplan was incredible. You two have such good chemistry. My favorite part was how the two of you are impervious to each other's puns. Like when you were explaining about the old lady who lived "above the Pentagon." Myq questioned the location. You said something about taking out your phone and asking her to drop a pin where she lived, and Myq just said the word "Pintagon," and everything moved forward as if that didn't just happen. I rewound back to that spot a dozen times because it made me laugh so hard.

Well, that's my time. Here comes the hook. You know I love you! Can't wait for next week. I know it'll be another great show.

WON'T IT, APIA?

CW Design Shop

Last edited by craigdw; 10-28-2016 at 05:06 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote