View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 08:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
craigdw
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I woke up early today, and thought I'd listen to a couple minutes of this show, get some work done, then finish listening. The show was so good, though, I couldn't make myself press pause, so I listened straight through. It was compelling as all hell. You and Libby obviously have great banter and are always a blast to listen to, so there's that. Danny, you're never not-funny, but when things get real, you're at your best. My favorite kind of comedy has always been when the laughs are mixed with the pain. Talking about hurtful family stuff made the jokey moments (both yours and Libby's) all the better. Not to deconstruct comedy or anything, but when you don't have your guard up so much, when you show your humanity, I tend to let my guard down, too. That makes me more receptive to all your feelings, good and bad, so I can feel your relief when you find humor in the pain. I'm sorry your family doesn't seem to be as open, intelligent, sensitive and empathic as you. There are lots of us out here who wouldn't change a thing about you. I also loved following your interaction with Joe Tubesteak-In-Underwear-Sauce on Facebook. As his name implies, he's a real piece of cylindrical dick meat. Great show. One of your best. That goes for Libby, too, since this episode was like Wrap It Up With Libby and Danny part II.

CW Design Shop

Last edited by craigdw; 11-27-2016 at 08:50 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote