View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Girl
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyButtPlug View Post
If you look like an easy target you will be more easily targeted. Why is that so politically incorrect to say?

Sometimes--not always, a crime is one of opportunity. If you present the opportunity, a criminal that would not have otherwise committed that crime AGAINST YOU, will take the opportunity. If you make yourself less of an easy target the crime may still occur, just less likely to YOU.

So should you leave yourself vulnerable and " take one for the team " to prove a point?. I'd rather not. That's why I lock my doors and don't leave my iPhone on my front seat with the windows rolled down.
Yes, let's ask someone who just got robbed while they were looking for an address why they were making themselves so vulnerable. Sometimes you need to look up "like a tourist" to find an address. Sometimes you trust a guy who turns out to be a shit.

Maybe we don't focus on what the victim could have done different to not get raped. Because what we're asking is "did you really get raped or are you just negligent." That's very strange.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote