View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
FingerLakes
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Chemda's justifications arent legit, but that doesn't matter cuz justifications are only around to make one's self feel better. You did it cuz you wanted to. Fuck how big the company is or how nice they aren't.

Re: Poll answers; given the info in the Tub episode I'm def a serious karaoke person. And I am because in general I hate wasting money and wasting time and when you get a private room vs singing on stage at a bar, wasting one is wasting the other. So I choose carefully who I go to a room with. People who agree to go but spend the whole time refusing to sing because of embarrassment are never allowed to go again. We're paying like $13 an hour and I'm not wasting 20 minutes convincing you that no body will judge you, or buying you another 3 drinks.

Also there are definitely songs I want to sing solo. I will for sure put in some Backstreet Boys, Mariah, Journey etc for the group to enjoy but there are many ballads and songs from musicals I don't want people who can't sing to steal my time from. In fact I even do some duets alone if no one is around who can sing the other part seriously.

And if my card is the one put down to hold the room, I don't give a fuck how drunk you are, we figuring out who owes what before we leave. The places where you still have to go to the bar to get drinks are the best for that (like karaoke BOHO on W 4th).

I like rooms over bar stages because there's less wait time between songs. At a bar there's always that one drunk person who has been there since the bar opened and stuffs twenty's into the tip jar to go up every other song