Thread: 2593: Jailbird
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sparrow

firstly: oh, Chemda, what an ordeal. i'm giving you my best, biggest hugs. blah blah blah politics, sure, but at present, i just want to wrap you in a warm blanket of love and make sure you know you're safe. bless your heart, squash blossom.

secondly: Bowen is fucking awesome. LOVED Bowen. please have Bowen back.

third: The Bell Jar? The /Bell Jar/? alright, man. see how far you can manage through that girlhood rite of passage. all her thoughts are sour and matter-of-fact, but still very pretty; like they have lace edges despite herself.

Quote:
When they asked some old Roman philosopher or other how he wanted to die, he said he would open his veins in a warm bath. I thought it would be easy, lying in the tub and seeing the redness flower from my wrists, flush after flush through the clear water, till I sank to sleep under a surface gaudy of poppies.

But when it came right down to it, the skin of my wrist looked so white and defenseless that I couldn't do it. It was as if what I wanted to kill wasn't in that skin or the thin blue pulse that jumped under my thumb, but somewhere else, deeper, more secret, and a whole lot harder to get at.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote