Thread: 2593: Jailbird
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Girl
Chamsa! Chamsa!

I keep thinking about whether or not I will jump it again and I keep coming up with what I felt when I was talking about it on the show: no.
No I don't want to beat the fare right now. So, is jumping it a protest? To me it is BUT not worth it. So, I'm going to protest WITH the law instead of against it. I'm joining something that Elsa told me about: #SwipeItForward.
For the first time, I bought a 30-day pass. So, when I get out of the train, I want to remember to look around to see if I can swipe someone in for free. It's legal and it helps.

About the rest of it, I am not disputing that I committed crimes. I let BabyButt pass behind me on my swipe and I didn't pay my very old ticket. I am saying that I should be punished. But not jailed. Not even for a minute. And it's not for me only. I'm saying no one should be jailed for this. Being behind bars is way too serious for a crime like that. It can easily have you lose your job and people have become homeless as a result. I'm saying the punishment does not fit the crime.

As for them not having to tell me I'm arrested, why would you get mad at me for wanting to know that I'm arrested? I said on the show that I was very calm, that I complied with everything and that was my plan the whole time. Please don't confuse my tone when talking to you with the tone (that I said on the show) that I had with the officers. I was a total puss.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote