Thread: 2593: Jailbird
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 10:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
jalejo71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I feel very sorry that you had to go through this experience I'm sure it was frightening and better communication about the processes would have sure made this easier.

But I gotta agree with Pintmans points and you got arrested in the middle of the night because the two of you made the decision to save 1 Dollar - why should a judge have to be awake to hold court in the middle of the night to make sure you get back to bed?

You regularly and gleefully talk about jumping turnstiles, stealing from shops and dedicated a whole episode (not even behind the VIP paywall) to talking about how your husband made money and how much you enjoyed helping out with "sales".

Don't get me wrong I don't say you shouldn't do that or I think you are a bad person - you can do whatever you like and the weed laws are most certainly stupid but that's not highbrow civil disobedience / political protesting the "man".
That is being damn lucky and living in a democratic country with free speech laws and a police force lenient enough to allow you to hand things to Hennessy before they take you in.

I'll join Pintman in running for cover now.
This.

I also nominated this episode for multiple KATG awards.

Most Ridiculous for a 40+ year old getting caught jumping a turnstile.

Most Shocking that said 40+ year old is surprised there are consequences for blowing off summons, stealing from stores, jumping turnstiles, etc.

Was the punishment heavy handed? Yes. Way too harsh. However, you have to responsible for your actions.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote