Thread: 2593: Jailbird
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #46 (permalink)
Pintman
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
. . . I don't believe I deserved to be jailed but I know I would have still gone to jail even if they told me they were arresting me. . . .

I don't believe that tickets, even outstanding ones, should result in locking people in a cage.

Can we stop getting mad at each other for breaking laws that we don't believe in? Who is actually responsible for calling us criminals?

. . .
Honest to God, I am not mad at anybody, and I thought I apologized in my second post in this thread for being a little rough on you in my first post and sounding judgmental.

You didn't commit a horrible offense and you probably shouldn't have been locked up. But when you ignore something like a warrant for a long time (stay with me, I'm still not being judgmental) and the law finally catches up with you, people are not likely to be patient or sympathetic or flexible. And the people who inhabit police stations and jails are usually not very nice to begin with, because they themselves are miserable.

That's just the way it is, and good people who don't get that unintentionally end up making things worse for themselves.

I deal every day with people who get jacked up by the government. Like it or not, it's better to stay out of those situations in the first place, than to have to work your way out of them.

By the way, here is how to find out real quick if you are under arrest: Ask the cop "Am I free to leave, officer?" Anything other than a simple "yes" - "that depends", "I don't know yet", anything ambiguous like that - means you should assume that you are not free to go, and therefore under arrest.

Again, I am sorry for coming across cold hearted.

Chris

(Offline)   Reply With Quote