Thread: 2593: Jailbird
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 11:28 PM   #61 (permalink)
memecherry
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I have so many thoughts...

The one that keeps bothering me the most:

What happened to those girls? Are they still in the cell? Why were they there two days? Are they okay? Do their families know?

So many black women get abused and sexually assaulted while being arrested or while being "held" that I'm worried for them.

Also,

Your brother is the worst.

He's the guy who walks up to a mom crying on the side of the road and asks her to propose a plan of action for how to solve police brutality. Like at that very moment she needs to be able to come up to a solution to a centuries long systematic problem. And if she doesn't have one he gives the "well if you can't speak like a scholar on the subject then just shut up" tone and face. All while claiming to be on her side. I see your bullshit Micheal.
I have to admit that my protesting for BLM had a new perspective after my experience... I also have wondered many times how different (worse) it may have been if my skin/ethnicity was "darker". My "privilege" as a "white Latina" has a new point of reference & POV in my empathy drawer...

On a side note, I'm also very disturbed with the trend of black & brown girls missing in urban areas. Little girls... very little news coverage on it. It's very concerning all around how black & brown folks will survive the current administration's archaic policy approach.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote