View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tulipaloozi
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
of /course/ he's using, nobody keeps ornamental meth just around, and you've probably seen him tweak. am i correct in assuming he's under the impression this is kind of it until he passes? i don't know. sounds like something i'd do and want everybody to just shut up about and let me do it. can't speak to the wisdom, but i get it. he's probably very tired otherwise.
Oh I completely agree with you. I probably am trying to cover for him, but the devil's advocate in my brain tries to say, well, maybe he had that before he was diagnosed. I go through a half sack of weed in about a week, so I find it hard to believe an addict would just hold onto that stuff for a rainy day. Especially if he already feels like shit from the cancer/chemo.

I should clarify that I haven't really seen anyone (in real life) tweak, so as stupid as this sounds, I don't know what to look out for. My fiance is pretty well-versed (as much as you can be without being a tweaker yourself)in the behaviors of a tweaker and he said that he's never seen my dad like that. I do remember when I was a kid that he would pick us up for his weekend and disappear for 3 days in his room, which didn't make sense to me until my sister talked to me about it years later.

Thankfully, his chemo has been working. He had a scan halfway through his treatments and it showed that he is improving.

I completely agree, though. If I was in his shoes and someone tried to tell me to stop doing my drugs, I may tell them to fuck right off. Is this a confrontation that is truly necessary right now? A big part of me says no, but I know that he won't be able to see his grandkids if this isn't addressed.

His words just don't match his actions. He tells anyone within earshot that his kids/grandkids (my sister's kids) are his entire world and that he would do anything for us. But unless he stops doing this shit, my sister won't let him see her kids, which I can understand and respect.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote