Thread: 2593: Jailbird
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 10:02 AM   #142 (permalink)
Sparrow

in matters of style, not substance sometimes. please forgive me if this sounds critical, i don't mean it to be, i'm just looking from the outside:

an example might be in the timing of a solution-based policy approach during the original conversation with Chemda. you like to come at things within a logical framework in a cool rational space; which is fine because that's how you do you and it's a fine way to talk about such things. in that moment Chemda could not meet you in that space, but you insisted she put that square peg she was currently inside through this round hole. it's not that there was disagreement, it's just nobody was getting what they needed out of the conversation b/c you insisted there was only the round hole to use. yes, round hole, but also, ya know, square.

other times might be excluding or reducing the human elements surrounding policy. it's like, yes, the front side of the barn is important what with the doors and all, but that don't mean the beams ain't holding it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote