View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
I never read the Ghost in the Shell manga, but from what I remember of the tv show and the pictures I've seen online, Major looks a lot like Scarlett Johansson. I believe she did have a Japanese name before she was a cyborg, but if you're looking for a faithful visual representation of the character I think they chose well. I understand that white washing is a major issue, however in the case of an anime where characters in the source material are often drawn to look white, it doesn't really seem like an odd casting choice.
So your argument is that a movie based on Japanese source material you never saw, set in an Asian world with a character described as having black hair that was drawn in manga style originally is perfectly embodied by a blond western actress.

Good for you for proudly stating that opinion?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote