View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Mermaid

So the only options are kill them or do absolutely nothing?

Actually doing research and finding a reasonable solution isn't possible?

Cause fuck level-headedness, huh?

Actually taking the time to come up with solutions to complex social problems is just too damn much for people.

Taking the time to really examine where we draw the lines for animal rights and why is something that needs to happen. Not just a flippant "kill everyone who does things that make me uncomfortable" while eating a chicken breast that came from a chicken who was inbred so much and shot up with so many hormones that it can't even walk.

I think the animal fucking thing has more to do with people being grossed out by it than people actually giving a fuck about the animals.

Yeah most people give a fuck about their pets and other animals in an abstract sense. They may even get outraged by the PETA videos showing cruelty in farms. But the majority of people still go to their favorite steak restaurant without giving second thought to the life of cruelty that animal suffered in order to make it to their plate.

I'm not a vegan but I don't kid myself about how much I really care about animals. Cognitive dissonance doesn't look good on me.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote