View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
jcro21

I definitely believe that people can experience these kinds of visions, but I'm not convinced that they correspond to any logical phenomena outside of the vision-seers heads (like, I doubt there's a real baby foot ghost on Keith's shoulder all the time). There's certainly more stuff going on in the universe than humans can take account of with their senses (I can't see waves going in and out of my phone as I download KATG shows, for example) but feeling like you understand it and can categorize it seems like some kind of delusion.

During the marathon Jenn-the-baby-foot-seer was talking about her mother (?) being diagnosed with schizophrenia for having similar kinds of visions and that not being able to control them or distinguish them from reality drove her crazy. It reminded me of a few people I know who have burned their brains out from taking way too much acid. If you talk to them, they will say things about the nature of our existence that sounds like they've become enlightened to the mysteries of the universe. At the same time, they're barely functional human beings, can't really hold a conversation, and honestly don't have a good sense of themselves or their lives. They might see waves of energy around people, but it's hard to say if their minds have been tuned to see more of what's really out there, or if they're glitching like a computer you've dropped too many times.

Anyway I voted yes, at the risk of getting put onto team-crazy.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote