Thread: 2624: FREE WEED
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 09:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lanfear
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
To be honest I hadn't read your comments, I was replying to the episode.

My point was judging the effects of marijuana while not controlling for the population sample that actually has access while it's illegal. I also don't think it's a miracle substance but I find there is a tendency of people to blow up effects of abusing marijuana and paint that as the story of general marijuana use, all the while not considering marijuana on a scale of things that are escapist luxuries of modern society like processed sugar and video games.
Agreed but what Chemda is full on embracing/preaching is also not general marijuana use.

I don't quite see how it helps convince people that its a nice and positive, non addictive drug when all you talk about is how you like to smoke all day every day and even feel the need to overstate how much you smoke and how this magical miracle weed is curing all the diseases even cancer, makes you more productive, more insightful and there are no side-effects or changes in behaviour at all because its so super duper.

Chemda you finally found a drug you like and your partner shares that love and you want to tell everybody about it and that is awesome. But your pendulum swang all the way from no drugs ever to high as much of the time as I can manage. I'm gonna guess it might swing back to the middle at some point.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote