Thread: 2624: FREE WEED
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 11:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
WittyReference

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
Kyle Ayers is one cool dude, one of my favorite guests lately. Good that he can keep up with K and C when things get slightly heated or personal. Also I was 100% with him about spirituality. Hope he gets some sleep.

I'm surprised Hennessy can lucid dreaming smoking weed. Whenever I quit, I dream like crazy for a week or two, having lots of lucid dreams. I haven't smoked in two weeks and every morning I write in my dream journal because the shit in my head is wild. I've also been reading Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics which are all about dreams.

I've read that marijuana inhibits REM sleep, which is the stage in your sleep cycle where your brain is most active and where they say you have most dreams (Marijuana, REM Sleep, and Dreams - Leaf Science). Not dreaming as vividly or at all is one of the worst side effects of weed for me, which really shows how free of side effects it is!
I was surprised too - it's one of the reasons I've not been able to stop smoking daily for the last 15 years. I might get one short, vague dream a night but I like hardly dreaming. When I've stopped its been full on dreams all night and almost no sleep. I've been a bad sleeper since I was a depressed teenager, I never sleep through the night and its rare I even make it 6 hours without waking up. I always felt like dreaming was largely pointless and it felt like they woke me up as well so I'm happy not to.

Chemda has in the last year sounded like a 20 year old getting high for the first time, which has reminded me how that's changed for me. I do miss that exiting part of the first few years, listening to music stoned for the first time etc etc. Music and most things just seem normal to me when I'm stoned now. I feel pretty emotionally and physically addicted to it at this point and it's only the first cone of the day after work that really has the old effect. The rest are largely maintenance. That's the only reason I'd suggest she smokes less. Don't build your tolerance to high to quick.

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
(Offline)   Reply With Quote