View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 01:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jo_Culprit

"My view on kids is, talk to their core-self and teach both sides of the story and give them enough confidence and love that hopefully they'll make the right decisions in the end" - Chemda

I'm not sure I can vote on this pole, my main issue with Chemda's point is that on one hand kids pick up a lot of ideas from their environment which includes the people they're exposed to at school. From what Chemda was saying I think she's picturing the desires of the children coming from their 'core-selves' whereas Keith's point of view is that these ideas are coming from an external place.

If I had a child that suddenly got the idea that they'd be very interested in football I would look for the source of that and would point them in the direction of a less dangerous sport. They key difference for me is that sports are broadly in a category of athleticism, and nailing one particular sport as the be all and end of for the child is silly.
Each and every calling isn't so damn specific when you're a child much less for adults. For pageant kids you could just as easily encourage them into making clothes, hair and makeup without the permanent dangers to their self-esteem that comes with child beauty pageants.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 05-17-2017 at 10:03 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote