View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
littlp
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm a home care social worker for older adults. Death and dying comes up a lot. People grieve in many different ways. Some people need to joke about it, other people can't handle any kind of joke about it for awhile or ever. There is not a right way to grieve. As long as you aren't trying to kill yourself or others or hurt yourself or others, do what you need to do.

Also-EVERYONE should have a living will/advance directive. It is a document that specifies who you would want to be contacted to make health care decisions for you if you ever become medically unable to make those decisions yourself. The living will specifies whether or not you want life sustaining treatments in certain situations. A lot of states have the forms online, you don't have to have a lawyer to fill one out; you will have to have it notarized/witnessed.

The one thing all human beings have to do at some point is die. It is not an easy conversation, but it is better to have the conversation versus having your loved ones trying to guess as to what you would want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk