View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Girl
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
this is the first time in almost 10 years i turned a show off part way through b/c i got mad.

to have this group of women downplay the abuse and grooming of a 14 year molestation victim was gross. he did not "find love young." call it was it was.

AND that the guest asked someone to just "not bring up" the whole Paula fucking her /foster child/ thing. are you kidding me?! just sweep that shit under the rug for everyone's comfort? c'mon.

male sexual assault is just as serious as female sexual assault. jesus christ.

I did not mean to downplay any assault. I saw your feedback after the show. I had been thinking about it since. And you're right, i probably wouldn't have made some of those jokes if we were talking about a girl. And that does mean that I have more thinking to do before I react to something like this again.

As for Maria not asking for it to be mentioned, she asked to not be introduced on stage as a child molester. She was hired to play Paula Pounstone and didn't want it to be brought up in her intro so that she had a chance to do the job better. I'm not clear on why that wasn't ok?

The rest of the episode is pretty great (I think) but who knows. I absolutely will say dumb shit again. It sucks. But I know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Offline)   Reply With Quote