View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 05:47 PM   #76 (permalink)
snowflake
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
See, I think I just literally know too many men like that. Down to the religious fundamentalism and the disregarding the rules when they apply to themselves but enforcing them when they apply to other people and all, and women have to wear burkas cause men cant control their urges. Like, people that would be at home in Gilead. So all I could do was be like "ughhhh.... Jesus, of course this asshole." So maybe I'm extremely biased going into a religious fundamentalist totalitarian universe, lol.
yes yes yes, i like you you are a smarty!

personally didn't find ANY of the sex attractive because even tho Nick the Guardian and Offred are breaking the rules to bang (a la 1984, sex=liberation) and sex for personal pleasure is inherently subversive under most fascist regimes, BUT she is only fucking him to find a little slice of pleasure in a sadistic rape prison. She doesn't even seem to like him. she just needs something that is hers. She literally has so few freedoms and pleasures that to become promiscuious is a way to regain her control.

so even your joy is symptomatic of pain.

conversely, this unpleasurable expierience for michelle is probably resulting in Michelle reading this and getting at least the slightest ego boost from all the attention she's stirred up...ARE YOU READING THIS? ARE YOU HOT RIGHT NOW?

on tumors/cancer: "God's got jokes."-Keith
(Offline)   Reply With Quote