View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
littlp
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Regarding Uber adding tipping-

I was an Uber and Lyft driver for about a year part time in Indianapolis. There is a lot that passengers don't know.

1. Drivers do a quick half hour "training" online while waiting for the basic background check to go through. No one met me from Uber-I just got the email that I could go live whenever I wanted. Lyft actually had a fellow driver come out with me for about a half hour to look at my car and take a quick ride around for him to evaluate me. I passed no problem.

2. Uber and Lyft control the prices. Drivers have 0 say on the price. That safety charge you get on each ride is not a part of the drivers takeaway. Plus they take 20-25% of each ride.

3. Uber/Lyft expects drivers to always have a 5 star rating. If we get below 4.7, we are at risk for being deactivated. This is why you see so many Uber's/Lyft with the extra waters, candies, chargers etc.

4. Despite what Uber/Lyft says-they give very little shits about the drivers. They will sign up as many drivers as possible, flood the market. Their only focus is on the riders and making sure they can get picked up faster than a cab. If they have to keep flooding the market with new drivers and reducing rates, then they'll do it.

5. Other than the 75-80% cut that the drivers get from each ride, Uber/Lyft does not compensation drivers for anything. There is not an easy way to get ahold of someone if something goes wrong. And if a customer complains, 99.99% of the time they automatically side with the passenger and refund the trip without ever asking the driver for their side of things.

That's why tipping is so important. Uber lied when it said the tip was included in the fare. Their compensation to their drivers was usually less than what Lyft paid.

Tl;dr ridesharing apps treat drivers like shit because their sole focus is on the passenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk