View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jo_Culprit

"Part of me wants you to try and to fail"

I understand Chemda's point of view with regards to the text exchange. I feel like she's just doing her best to not to project pessimism onto the situation. It's easy to read too much into the intent of the messages and there's a number of additional possibilities. Also we don't know what extent they've had similar conversations face to face, they may have talked a lot more in person and we're getting a perhaps skewed portrait of her cause we're just looking at the compressed text trail.

Assuming innocent intent:
- She may have gotten to a point where she was absolutely convinced he was going to attempt kill himself at some point or another (she would have to feel like everything is out of her control in life in general)
- She may have been certain for some reason he would choke and fail to kill himself and could have been hoping that he would rebound and value his life more afterwards (hitting rock bottom?)

Assuming nihilistic intent:
- She may be suicidal herself and feel that "death is just a release from suffering" in which case she may be correlating her behavior with assisted euthanasia.

Also she sounds more nihilistic to me and not psychotic.

Assuming morbid intent:
- You could read in a morbid fascination with the idea of death and him killing himself in her tone. Leading in to her intoxicated with the power of pushing him towards killing himself.
- She could be completely unempathetic towards him and just want his existence and complaining out of her life.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 08-09-2017 at 10:06 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote