View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 07:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
MrBrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
This fuckin' guy...
And I bet you didn't either. Glass houses.

I haven't heard any summary of the Google Document which resembled Keith's version of events on the podcast.

> Apia

You rebutted arguments I didn't make.

> flerchin:
> Wrong. I believe that you write software and are socially awkward. Stick to that.

No, I am not socially awkward, but it's terribly common in the industry. Thanks for the ad-hominem, though.

> instead of looking for sources that support your view.

I didn't "look for sources that supported my view." I am referencing news reports that I stumbled on without looking for it.

Based on the responses, I don't see any reason to think that this isn't just a witchhunt. I see a lot of people who haven't read the paper telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about. I haven't seen any quotes from the paper that actually show him saying anything terribly offensive, but I see lots of people making assumptions about what he's saying.

By the way, here's a quote from Kevin Allison, a liberal gay man, talking about accusations he gets thrown at him from the far left (who are likely many of the same people attacking the guy at google): After a long complaint about Trump and the Right-wing, he says, "At Risk, we get a lot of heat from people on the Left yelling about the curation of the show and yelling about the storytellers. People from the Social Justice Warrior wing have called me a racist, a bully, a rape enabler. An accessory to murder. These people are lashing out. Their tweet, their emails, their comments on the message boards." - Risk Podcast, Episode "Out of Bounds" #844 (10:00-12:00). If a very liberal gay podcaster like Kevin Allison gets that much hate from the Left, you know that nobody is going to please them. And I think a lot of these same people are attacking the Google guy, and writing articles to vilify him.

If you don't think there aren't people who aren't incentivized to make this into a controversy, you don't know the news business. If you don't think there are social justice warriors who aren't out to vilify the guy, then you don't know about the social justice movement.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote