View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 11:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
astrokahn

Holy Jesus fuck. What a great thing. I tried so hard not to cry listening to this. Not since you guys used to have actual on air fights when you were dating (I feel like I remember them about Keith's drinking actually) has it felt so real in that studio. (Actual studio, not "studio" studio.)

Keith, yesterday I went to work for two hours, came home and drank three huge glasses of wine, lied and told my boyfriend I didn't wanna hang out bc i wasn't feeling good bc I didn't want him to know I was drunk and passed out for the rest of the day. I didn't sleep all night bc the sugar content in wine is insane for me. I woke up ashamed and feeling terrrible this morning, a common thing in my life related to drinking too much, and when I opened my phone to update my podcasts the first thing that came up said "I'm an alcoholic". Right away I looked up a meeting and promised myself to go tonight.

Then I listened to the epi on my way to work and my god man this couldn't have come at a better time. I'm going to have a real conversation with my boyfriend tonight. We've been dating for two years and he has no idea I am also an alcoholic.
I can only hope he will see this as a positive step and come with me.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote