View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 10:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
shoebootie
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Lateness is a huge pet peeve of mine, so I get anxiety whenever I am the late one. I've been in the habit of saying "I've been late for things since I've had a baby" ...it's gotten worse as she's a toddler, and I also blame my lateness on my chronically late partner who holds me up constantly with things.

In an effort to stop this co-dependent thing and just take accountability for what's going on, I've just owned up to the fact that it's me, it's poor time management, and I'm using more tools to get me going on time. I can set earlier alarms, I can get all of the toddler's stuff ready better, and I have to accept that my late-as-fuck partner won't get ready to the last minute and I have to be the shepherd of being On Time instead of just whining about him making me late after the fact.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote