View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

sorry this one is long winded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Meh. What do I know.

Its just that Keith always seemed to like booze. He could drink insane amounts and still function, a la MNIK. He's good at drinking. That's a hallmark of alcoholism. When it comes to weed it just always seemed like he could take it or leave it. Not his thing.

I don't know Keith. I don't know his situation. Just seems off to rag on him for an edible. But I can see the value in total sobriety. I wish him well. Alcoholism is tough. Everybody's drinking and you can't.
I get what you mean now. I think everyone's situation is different. I know a lot of people who claim Pot is not sober but then they smoke. I don't see how that is sober. Just because we don't think of nicotine as a drug doesn't mean it isn't it's an amphetamine that is much stronger than cocaine. People like to ignore how powerful nicotine is and it's affect on the brain.

I know alcoholics that only smoked cigarettes when they drank.
I know alcoholics that when the smoke cigarettes it makes them want to drink.
I know an guy who is an addict with just about everything and knows if he takes one puff of a joint will just go balls deep and end up drinking and doing heroine.
Everyone has a different journey and it's not fair to judge someone else for doing something different. Addiction is tricky and is very individualized. There are general guidelines, that for MOST people, need to be followed. It's dangerous for an addict to think they are so special they can drink and still avoid cocaine. That doesn't mean some addicts aren't self aware or honest with themselves. Nicotine is way more addictive then most illegal drugs yet somehow it's totally OK at an AA meeting. Pot is not addictive but not OK at AA meetings. Sugar is super addictive for me, It would drive me nuts to go to an AA meeting with free doughnuts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote