View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 08:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieking View Post
I am a weird medicine liar too
I understand and, to a degree agree with Chemda when she says Tylenol (Acetaminophen) and Motrin/Advil (Ibuprofen) are not good for you. They both are hard on the kidneys and really should not be taken at a whim. However if you have a fever and can't rest properly they really are helpful. When I have a fever I prefer to get in bed and sweat it out, I believe the body is heating up to kill a bug not kill itself so if I can I will do that. I can't always with work, wife and kids so, I'll take Ibuprofen if needed.

As for all the other "medicines" that only treat symptoms of a cold or allergy you are better off with a sinus rinse. I think avoiding these symptom reliever and "not liking" a sinus rinse is like being a vegetarian and not liking vegetables and eating only carbs. It just seems silly and half hearted.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote