Thread: 2716: mother!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
astrokahn

Keet, I saw mother! the other night and because of your review I thought it was going to suck, I was honestly just placating my boyfriend bc he bought tickets. I actually really liked it, but to be fair, I went knowing that nobody knew wtf it was about so I was immediately trying to figure it out as soon as it started.

Spoilers in case anyone cares...

When the guy had all those people on his porch bombarding him with fame and adoration he said to his wife "they love the book, it heals them all in a different way" I was like OH ITS THE BIBLE. THIS WHOLE THING IS ABOUT WHAT A SHITHEAD GOD IS. WHY WOULDNT KEITH LOVE THIS MOVIE?!

So the whole movie I keep leaning into my boyfriend and saying "the baby is jeeeeeesus! The husband is godddddd, he's a jealous shitty god just like the Bible sayyyyyys! This is the history of the world happening there in The houssssse!!!" Etc etc

After the movie we looked it up and it is all about how we are destroying the earth (jennifer Lawrence) (I think via religion, which is why they told the story through Christianity.)

TL;DR: I'm smart and I destroy movies for everyone around me by figuring it all out. 6th sense, cmon man we knew he was dead in the first five minutes!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote