View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 09:50 AM   #61 (permalink)
kevinquinn

Jumping back on this thread to thank Keith for "What am I doing?" (if you guys ever decide to write a follow-up to 'What Do We Do Now?', you've got a title!).

Walking back from a fat & sugar-laden lunch, I hear Keith's voice with that slightly self-disgusted but resolved tone say "What am I doing?" & I switch to grilled chicken.

I get angry after MP3 player skips tracks several times without my wanting it to, hear Keith's voice say "What am I doing?" and throw the damn thing in the trash.

After another evening obsessing over my digital music collection, I hear "What am I doing?" and decide to delete most of it.

So now instead of constant headphones, I walk with a book, pen & paper and feel much more positively about life (where I live, there's more birdsong that sirens - this might not apply equally in all areas).

Anyway, thanks for injecting a voice of reason into my life. I might listen less because I threw my MP3 player in the trash but will pay it back by subscribing on multiple office computers.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote