Thread: 2742: Vice
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 06:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Call me stubborn but I don't see cigarettes curing anything ever.
Well look at negative Nelly here. Cigarettes are great at thinning the population and reducing the cost to pensions. it's just important not to cover the heath care costs, push that off to the state.

Back to the point, the NFL lied about concussions they lied about what they knew and when the knew it and they tried to silence the truth when it was coming out. Additionally, Kieth is the only one who knew these guys were having severe and permanent brain damage from football. Doctors and scientists around the country where shocked. The NFL almost killed the story but additional doctors had read the study and did their own research and many others came out and said this kind of brain damage couldn't be caused by just playing football. This study was and is a big deal and Kieth saying he knew is just bullshit after the fact.

Is Keith a piece of shit for watching football, eh I don't think so.
I think to an extent though calling football players pieces of shit for beating their wives and girlfriends might also be unfair. This brain damage makes them more aggressive, violent and easily angered as well as causing depression and suicidal thoughts. What I'm saying is the player themselves are victims of a condition they can't control. There is no drug to fix this. The fact that NFL players disproportionately have a history of domestic violence and rape is not surprising considering the number of NFL players who have this type of brain damage. The players are victims as well and the NFL perpetuated a lie and tried to suppress the truth to benefit their pocketbooks JUST like the cigarette companies.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote