Thread: 2742: Vice
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Scorpion
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
And about football.
Isn't it in your country that especially black boys are into football ( I'm a European AND dont care about sports)?
I read 70% of the players are black.
So this is an area where they can have more success than in other parts of the economy, it's not like 70% of the CEOs are black.

So young black boys want to be pro players because it's a possibility to succeed and make money, easier for them then other paths. And this also means success and money for their families.
And now we don't care about their brain damage? Hm.....
I tried to express this point but couldn't find the words. College is expensive, poorer people and in this country that means disproportionately minority population look for scholarships.
Academic scholarships look at test scores as a big part of qualification.
Our standardized tests have proven to skew in favor of white middle/upper class. So minorities need to look to athletic or music scholarships in order to pay for college.
That is a big reason if not the reason most professional football and basketball players are black. Baseball and hockey don't use colleges as a recruiting tool, they have their own minor leagues to build and identify future players. Not that athletic scholarships are not available for baseball and hockey but there are not as many and hockey is very expensive not a sport for poor people.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote