Thread: 2742: Vice
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
astrokahn

PEOPLE DONT KNOWWWWWW
when I was waiting tables in the south, I would see people putting soda in their babies bottles.

My family still lives there. They exist on meat and fried garbage. Moms husband has cancer and still eats that shit bc of the ignorance, they think their diets are healthy if it omits fried stuff or candy.

Doctors.. Don't. Fucking. Know. Anything.
They're good for ordering X-rays, MRIs and prescribing antibiotics in my experience. How the fuck they get paid so much to basically not do their job for 90 percent of the time and how people still respect them I have no idea. Also the non punctuality eghhhh

BUT GODDAMN they go to school for six years to learn things about the human body that we dont know because we didn't spend all those years studying anatomy and disease and we can't see inside our own bodies. So at some point we go to the doctor because we hope they can Understand something about our body that we can't.

Also companies and the government spend a zillion bucks a second to make us believe things. They fuck with scientific studies on purpose. They push drugs that they say are safe and suppress evidence to the contrary and take the chance on a lawsuit later on. Worse yet, they sell drugs to doctors who in turn sell drugs to us at almost any cost.

My 16 almost 17 year old daughter got the birth control arm implant. To me it seems weird to implant anything in your body but she really wanted it and was worried about missing pills. I let her do it after a little research and a long talk with her doctor about the side effects. She said a certain percentage get this teeny problem, a certain percentage get this little annoying thing, it's just hormones just like a birth control pill and we all know those are relatively safe. I looked at the studies online. I read the literature that came with the advertising. I wasn't sold but I couldn't find anything terribly negative. A few stories I found once were disconcerting but the overwhelming stuff was positive.

She bled for nine months. STRAIGHT. Nine fucking months. At the six-month mark which, mind you it is still considered normal and safe according to all the literature and the doctors, according to the three different doctors I talked to, she went back to the doctor. They said oh don't worry, in fact, here are some birth control pills to take to regulate things. My brain was exploding. But, she really wanted it, and Here I am in a room with a doctor and my kid and the doctor saying no no it's totally fine, she's negating everything I'm asking about safety, she's negating everything I've read online. OK, maybe I'm wrong., Maybe I was looking at some fluke stories. How do I know what I've read is true when this doctor is pushing SO HARD for this thing? Am I wrong? Is she wrong? Is the Internet forum wrong? Three months later, still bleeding, they finally take it out. I demand it.

There are after effects of having this goddamn thing removed. So then when I look online for these after effects, which are on none of the literature from the product, which the doctors never explained at all, I find forum after forum of people having these horrible experiences after having it taken out. My daughter is sixteen. These doctors are gambling with these girls lives. Suicide is a side effect and I didn't know because the doctor didn't tell me. My daughter has depression. I only found out after researching this shit for HOURS. This is criminal.

Am I stupid? At some point when you have a lack of knowledge you have to trust somebody, somebody you are paying to have that knowledge. So sometimes we fuck up and trust that the person who is supposed to have education and integrity actually has it.

Yeah we switched doctors. But who the f knows.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote